International Affairs Department
Head of the International Affairs Department
Drozhdina Marianna Borisovna
The main objective of the International Affairs Department is Kirov State Medical Academy joining the international educational space
The main international activities of Kirov State Medical Academy are:
• Integration into the international educational space
• Participation in the long-term bilateral international programs
• Organization of international conferences and seminars
• Internships for teaching staff and students of Kirov SMA abroad
• Internships for foreign students and residents at the bases of Kirov State Medical Academy
• Joint diagnostic and treatment concilia
• Joint research activities
• Establishment of joint information banks
• Intercultural communication
• Kirov SMA signed 18 bilateral agreements on long-term international collaboration with foreign universities and research organizations in the field of Education and Science
• Received more than 200 Grants for participation in international educational programs, seminars and schools in Germany, Austria, Sweden, Italy, the Netherlands, France
• Each year, up to 16 international scientific and educational seminars, conferences and other events are held on the basis of the Kirov State Medical Academy
• Every year, from 200 to 1780 people participate in international seminars and conferences organized on the basis of the Kirov State Medical Academy
• Each year, more than 30 research and teaching staff of the Kirov SMA go with lectures, presentations, master classes in the foreign partner universities, international conferences abroad
• Summer Student Practice outside the Russian Federation are held annually to 50 students
• More than 110 teachers and students of the Kirov State Medical Academy have been trained in the Hannover Medical School
More than 60 students and residents of Hanover higher medical schools have been trained in the Kirov State Medical Academy and its clinical sites.
Pre-University Education Center of Kirov SMA provides students with 1-year preparatory course, which includes 300 academic hours of Russian language, 300 academic hours of biology and 300 academic hours of chemistry
Tuition fee: ~ $670 for a 1-year course
Education terms: September – August
1. Russian language – 300 academic hours
Tuition fee: ~ $670 for a 7-month course
Education terms: February – August
2. Chemistry or biology – 30 academic hours
Tuition fee: ~ $150 for a 7-month course
Education terms: February – August
All the students are provided with accommodation in a comfortable students’ hostel in the center of the city
For admission at Pre-University Education Center of Kirov SMA all the applicants should give the following documents:
1) Scanned copy of passport (should be valid at least 2 more years)
2) Scanned copy of a diploma or another document of education
The cost of medical insurance is $100 per year. The cost of accommodation at a hostel - $35 per month. Multiple visa cost - $30 per year.
Phone: 007 (8332) 37-48-68
International activities of Kirov SMA originated from 1993, when the program of long-term cooperation with the Hanover Higher Medical School (Germany) first started. The initiator and inspirer of the program was former Head of the Department of Foreign Languages of Kirov SMA, Associate Professor V.A. Golovin. Through his direct participation, more than 110 teachers and students of Kirov SMA trained at the Hanover Medical School, and more than 60 students and residents of Hanover higher medical school on a return visit to Kirov State Medical Academy and its clinical base. Later bilateral international programs between Kirov SMA and Southeast Alabama Medical Center (United States), Southeast neurodiagnostic center of Alabama (USA), the Residency in Family Medicine of Oklahoma (USA), Research Institute of Toxicology and Fraunhofer’s experimental Research Institute in Toxicology and experimental medicine (Germany) were signed. As a result of joint activities organized by the Centre of Minimally Invasive surgery, performed hundreds of joint operations and doctors’ rounds. Collaboration with leading experts and world-renowned scientists in the field of medicine has given great results and led to the improvement of educational programs in accordance with international standards, the establishment of teaching materials based on international experience, improving clinical mentality. In 1994, a section on training foreign students appeared in academy regulations. Since 1995, Kirov SMA began to teach students from near and far abroad. At various times, the issues of international activities of Kirov SMA were managed by M.P. Razin, E.N. Kasatkin, V.R. Limonov and A.N. Makarov. Unconditional chief merit of the associate A.N. Makarov is signing the agreement on collaboration with Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. As part of this project mutual business visits of leading professors of University of Munich and Kirov State Medical Academy were carried out, launched a joint research and educational and methodical work. In 2013, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich accepts Kirov SMA student A. Marchenkov, who won a research grant of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin.
In connection with the reorganization of the structure of the activities with foreign citizens on September 1, 2011 the International Affairs Department of Kirov State Medical Academy was created, which operates in submission of the rector of Kirov State Medical Academy, Professor I.V. Sheshunov. Thanks to the direct participation of the Rector the number of bilateral agreements has increased to 18. Kirov SMA organized visits of foreign delegations, distinguished scholars and practitioners from around the world. As a result of these activities each year from 200 to 1780 people participate in international seminars and conferences organized on the basis of Kirov State Medical Academy; Every year more than 30 academic staff Kirov SMA performed lectures, presentations, master classes in foreign partner universities and international conferences abroad; Annually up to 50 students take summer practical training outside of the Russian Federation, joint research work with the partner universities is conducted. International relations have been and remain one of the most important activities of the department and the academy.
Currently, the International Affairs Department of Kirov SMA performed work within the academic mobility in relation to the international activities of teachers and researchers, practical training of students, foreign students to study at Kirov State Medical Academy. International Affairs Department invites foreign students, manages their registration and controls their arrival and residence in Kirov. International Affairs Department supervises foreign students’ interaction with migration service, insurance companies, banking institutions.
International activities of Kirov State Medical Academy are actively developing. In future the signing of new cooperation agreements, increasing the number of foreign students, the development of academic mobility is planned.